[jdom-interest] jdom and oracle xmlparserv2.jar

xu003 xu003 at csusm.edu
Sat Apr 17 17:59:00 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am using jdom to do XSL transformation in my web application, it worked
great until I tried to put all together with oracle xdb.

I have jdom.jar in tomcat/common/lib directory, after I put xmlparserv2.jar in
the same directory( I need this jar to work with oracle XMLType), the xsl
transform crashed.

This the error I got,
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at oracle.xml.jaxp.JXTransformer.transform(JXTransformer.java:201)
	at org.jdom.transform.XSLTransformer.transform(XSLTransformer.java:234)
	at src.qtiasi.SuperServlet.showPage(SuperServlet.java:108)

it looks like oracle.xml.jaxp.JXTransformer (xmlparserv2.jar) got in the way
even though I DID NOT use oracle.xml.jaxp.JXTransformer class in my code.
is there any way I can solve this problem, like tell jdom which transform
engine to use?

Thanks,

Xu