[jdom-interest] java.lang.VerifyError in b10 with WebSphere

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 11:08:53 PDT 2004

Hi
  I have been using JDOM b8 abd b9 with WebSphere v5.1 and WebSphere Studio
v5.1 for a while. I have migrated to b10 and now get the following error:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/knowsense/student/xml/JDOMDemo, method:
addItem signature:
(Lorg/jdom/Document;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
) Incompatible argument to method

I'm guessing that b10 was built against a different version of Xerces to the
one on my app server classpath, or some such problem?  Anyone shed any
light?

Neil Canham
KnowSense Limited

Java and WebSphere Education Services