[jdom-interest] setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace inoperant ?

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Dec 9 04:38:41 PST 2004

setIgnoringAllWhitespace()  is the wrong name for this functionality. Do
you really want to throw away all white space?
Eveninrecordlikedocumentsthiscouldbeveryhardtoread. I think what you
really want to do is throw away all text nodes that consist of white
space exclusively, but retain all white space in text nodes that contain
  any non-whitespace characters. The correct name for this method would
be setIgnoringBoundaryWhitespace(). The functionality proposed is fine.
I just want to make sure we get the name right.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu