[jdom-interest] Last call: getChild/getChildren versusgetChildElement/getChildElements

Robin Rosenberg robin.rosenberg.lists at dewire.com
Sun Feb 8 16:48:03 PST 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 00:45, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 6:10 PM -0700 2/8/04, Alex Rosen wrote:
>
> >I feel the same way about Parent and Content, if they're likely to
> >break any significant amount of user code. I haven't been following
> >closely enough to know if that's the case or not.
>
> It wouldn't be likely to. These are very new with the latest beta.
> Almost nobody is using these. Changing these class names at this
> point would not be a problem.

The name Parent/Child do not break anything, but having the method
addContent return Parent instead of Element as it did in b9 breaks a lot of my code.
The fact that these methods returned the type Element was very convenient (and I
see no reason for them to return anything, other than as a convenience measure.

-- robin