[jdom-interest] Re: Comments on JDOM b10-rc1

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Feb 11 12:48:01 PST 2004

At 12:04 PM -0800 2/11/04, Jason Hunter wrote:

>Well, Node would work (and Parent/Node is a better split than
>Parent/Content) but if Document is not a Node that breaks the notion
>of Node.

Document should be a Node. Except for setParent, all of the Node
methods make sense for Document, and setParent is protected. Hmm, why
is setParent exposed at all? Shoudln't parentage be determined by
adding the child to the parent?

>>  Finally, I strongly recommend using code coverage tools like
>>Clover or Jester or both to measure the test coverage before
>>releasing. In my experience this turns up a huge amount of untested
>>code, unreachable code, and outright bugs. It's also worth hitting
>>the code base with static analysis tools like PMD.
>
>Volunteers most welcome.
>
>Again, I want to get the API right for 1.0.0.  We can always fix
>implementation bugs in 1.0.1.

Sometimes what these tools find is an API bug. :-)
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)