AW: [jdom-interest] JDOM Problems with JBuilder X

Thorsten Westmeier westmeier at justmail.de
Sun Feb 15 02:34:19 PST 2004

Hi Falk and Paul,

sorry for the late answer to you posts, but I couldn't test your tips earlier.

At 11:20 13.02.2004, you wrote:
>Hi,
>goto Tools -> Configure Libraries, choose JDOM on the left hand and make
>the appropriate changes on the right side (just change the path under
>'Class' to the new JDOM jar file). Then choose Xerces on the left side
>and make it point to the version of Xerces that is delivered with JDOM.

I tried this out and had the same problems, as if I replaced the libs in
the <jbuilderdir>/lib directory. :-(

With jbom-b10 the IDE start only a minimized window and hangs up.
With b09 the JBuilder starts correctly and open my project, but functions
like "make Project" or "rebuild Project" have no effects.

My next idea was, to copy the new jdom version to a new created directory
for my updated libraries and in "tools", "configue libraries" I created the
new JDOM-B10 library and connected this with the new versioon of
"jdom.jar". In the project properties of my project I add the JDOM-B10 as
required library instead of the normal JDOM library, which I used before
and now I'm able to "make Project" or "rebuild Project" without any
problems or error messages.

But deploying the EJB Modul with the Bean using JDOM onto my JBoss 3.2.3
leads to the following error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content

What's the problem there? I imported all JDOM-Classes by " import
org.jdom.* " in my own class.
Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Thorsten

Here the complete error message:
09:37:03,872 INFO  [MainDeployer] Starting deployment of package:
file:/D:/JBoss/server/default/deploy/PmEJBModul.jar
09:37:04,272 WARN  [EJBDeployer] Verify failed; continuing
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/Content
         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1647)
         at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1770)
         at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:824)
         at
org.jboss.verifier.strategy.AbstractVerifier.hasEJBCreateMethod(AbstractVerifier.java:688)
         at
org.jboss.verifier.strategy.EJBVerifier20.verifySessionBean(EJBVerifier20.java:1037)
         at
org.jboss.verifier.strategy.EJBVerifier20.checkSession(EJBVerifier20.java:92)
         at org.jboss.verifier.BeanVerifier.verify(BeanVerifier.java:159)
         at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:475)
         at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:786)
         at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:641)
         at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:605)
         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor18.invoke(Unknown Source)
         at
         at
org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
         at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:546)
         at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
         at $Proxy6.deploy(Unknown Source)
         at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:302)
         at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:458)
         at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:201)
         at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:212)
         at
org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:191)
09:37:04,823 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment:
file:/D:/JBoss/server/default/deploy/PmEJBModul.jar
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Verification of Enterprise Beans
failed, see above for error messages.
         at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:491)