[jdom-interest] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: More JDOM changes]]

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Wed Feb 18 14:43:50 PST 2004

I thought we'd resolved this earlier.  All outputter format tweak
options moved into the Format class.

Format f = Format.getRawFormat();
f.setEncoding("whatever");
new XMLOutputter(f);

The XMLOutputter setters were deprecated in beta10.  We're now past
beta10 and preparing for 1.0 so we've removed all deprecated methods in
CVS to prepare for the official 1.0 release.  We always deprecate for
one beta cycle.  If you rely on HEAD, you have to stop using deprecated
methods right after the beta release because that's when we drop them.
If you rely on beta10, they're still there in deprecated fashion.

-jh-