[jdom-interest] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/saxpath/SAXPathException

Gurukeerthi Gurunathan gurug at intermapsystems.com
Thu Jan 15 18:25:09 PST 2004

Hello,

I am getting a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/saxpath/SAXPathException while trying
to access a jsp, which in turn calls a bean, in my web application. I
got the same during unit testing of my bean, but I overcame it by adding
different jars like jaxen-core, jaxen-jdom, saxpath and jdom. But
inspite of including these in my deploy ear file, I am getting this
exception. The code that I used is,

SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
builder.setIgnoringElementContentWhitespace(true);
doc = builder.build(l_url);
XPath channelPath = XPath.newInstance("//Channel[@id=\"" + chId +

My app server is jboss with jetty. Please help me.

Thanks,
Guru.