[jdom-interest] Possible bug in SAXHandler when "namespaces" feature is off

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Jan 19 08:36:40 PST 2004

At 10:38 AM -0500 1/19/04, Dmitri Plotnikov wrote:

>>  Can you provide a reference to this discussion? What is this feature
>>  and why is it necessary?
>To be honest with you, I am not sure what the use case is myself. All I see
>that there are at least two users interested, and one of them actually
>hacked JXPath to introduce that feature - must've been important to him.
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg05153.html

Looking at that message, I suspect you've misdiagnosed the problem
and the request. Prasad A. Chodavarapu's question is how one maps a
prefix to a URI for use in an XPath expressions *outside of an XML
document"; in this case, in Java source code. JDOM only deals with
what's in the XML document itself. No change is necessary.

If for some reason JXPath can't use prefixes in Java code that are
not also used in the document, then that would be a design flaw in
JXPath. Again JDOM has nothing to do with this.
--

   Elliotte Rusty Harold
   elharo at metalab.unc.edu
   Effective XML (Addison-Wesley, 2003)