[jdom-interest] Conflicting List class

J. Albers jalbers at cs.uu.nl
Thu Jan 22 05:27:04 PST 2004

Hi,

Sorry for double posting this question, but the first one got messed up a
bit and may have become unreadable.

This problem has been mentioned a few time, but i didn't find an answer that
could help me. I get the following error message
when compiling the class with the method mentioned below.

- cannot find definition for class 'java.util.List'

The solutions i heard sofar had something to do with java 1.1 versus java 2.
As far as i know i'm using JDK 1.4 to compile the JDOM package. And i use
Visual J++ for my programm compiling.

Doe anyone know how to solve this?

import java.util.*

private void listElements(Element e)
 {
  System.out.println("*Element, name:" + e.getName() +
   ", text:" + e.getText()) ;

  //List all attributes
  List as = e.getAttributes();
  for (Iterator i = as.iterator();i.hasNext();)
  {
   Attribute a = (Attribute)i.next();
   System.out.println("*Attribute, name:" + a.getName() +
    ", value:" + a.getValue()) ;
  }

  //List all children
  List c = e.getChildren();
  for (Iterator i = c.iterator();i.hasNext();)
  {
   Element n = (Element)i.next();
   listElements(n);

Thanks, Joachim Albers.