[jdom-interest] possible thread issue question

Langel, Richard rick.langel at pioneer.com
Thu Jul 1 14:32:35 PDT 2004

We're using 0.9, and we're seeing some strangeness which is causing us
problems.  We have a generic servlet that takes an xml request, converts
it to a Document, figures out the actual function that the user wants
and passes the xml off to the appropriate class to handle the request.
The problem we've seen is that under a stress test eventually call to
that servlet hangs.  It used to be the 101st call, but we increased the
number of available threads, the number of allowed http connections, and
the number of allowed client connections and the number of calls has
risen to about 550, but it's still happening.  Below is the function
we're using to make the Document.  Is there some internal configuration
thing we're missing or is the code below faulty?

 public Document makeDocument(String xmlInput) {
  Document rd = null;
  InputSource is = new InputSource(new StringReader(xmlInput));
  SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
  rd = builder.build(is);
  return rd;
 }

-Rick

information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.  Please notify the sender
by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system.  Unless
explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended",
this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment,
or an acceptance of a contract offer.  This e-mail does not constitute
a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing
purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.