[jdom-interest] JDOM-based XSL Transformer

Phill_Perryman at Mitel.COM Phill_Perryman at Mitel.COM
Wed Jul 7 09:14:02 PDT 2004

I would be interested, we do reporting from our application using xslt and
it is quite slow.

I have no idea if it is the

>>converting objects into source streams, stuffing that into a standard
transformer
instance, re-converting the output stream back into objects ...

bit which takes the time or the actual transfoming.

/Phill
IS Dept, Software Engineer.
phill_perryman at mitel.com
http://www.mitel.com
Tel: +44 1291 436023

Philipp Gröschler <philipp.groeschler at kamp-dsl.de>
Sent by: jdom-interest-admin at jdom.org
07/07/2004 16:18

        To:     <jdom-interest at jdom.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [jdom-interest] JDOM-based XSL Transformer

Is someone interested in, or just at this moment coding on a XSL
Transformer
project which is based directly on JDOM? Or are there projects out there
which one could join?

Thoughts came to me, that it could give a nice performance boost if a
transformer would directly work with JDOM technology, instead of
converting
objects into source streams, stuffing that into a standard transformer
instance, re-converting the output stream back into objects ...

Has someone done any testing about this issue? I realized that in my
web-project, nearly 80%-90% of execution time (measured from accepting the
network connection to finally delivering the result) per single request go
into the part of the XSL transformation. And the stylesheets and XML
sources
I use at the moment are rather simple.

Greetings >>>> Philipp

http://lists.denveronline.net/mailman/options/jdom-interest/youraddr@yourhost.com