[jdom-interest] Xinclude

Patrick Dowler patrick.dowler at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Mar 5 08:15:16 PST 2004

On Thursday 4 March 2004 08:38, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 5:57 PM +0200 3/4/04, Emmanuel van der Meulen wrote:
> >Just now for the first time I came across a requirement to have XML
> >'fragment' file which I'd like to include in a 'main' XML file.  I see
> > this is being catered for via Xinclude and the implementation is done
> > outside ofJDOM.

> Because no such thing is defined in XML.

We do this in our ant build files to include common targets and property
settings. It happens when you invoke ant, and as far as I know (not having
set this up) the XML parser makes it happen:

<!DOCTYPE project [
<!ENTITY cadc-ant-start SYSTEM
"file://usr/cadcdev/admin/compilers/setup.ant.java.start">
<!ENTITY cadc-ant-end SYSTEM
"file://usr/cadcdev/admin/compilers/setup.ant.java.end">
]>

and then later on:

&cadc-ant-start;

<!-- some custom stuff here: classpath property, jars target for packaging,
etc -->

&cadc-ant-end;

--
Patrick Dowler
Tel/Tél: (250) 363-6914                  | fax/télécopieur: (250) 363-0045