[jdom-interest] Question about jdom-contrib IdFactory

Martin Pöpping ma.p at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 24 06:57:45 PST 2004

Hello,

I´ve a question about the jdom-contrib IdFactory class.

I want to add an ID to every element in my xml-file so I think that this
class could be my solution.

My problem is now, that I cannot find any method like Element.getID() to
get the ID of an element.
Well there is a method DocumentId.getElementById(String id)... but how
can I get this element
if I do not know which Ids I am using?

Thanks a lot for help,

bye,

Martin

PS: The task I wam trying to do at the moment, is reading in an XML file
and adding
the attributed "id" and "status" to every single element. Are there
maybe other classes in
the jdom-packages which cold help me?