[jdom-interest] (no subject)

Edward Barrow edward at copyweb.co.uk
Thu May 6 23:53:57 PDT 2004

On Friday 7 May 2004 05:54, M.Novosselov wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> here is my story: I have GML file (GML is based on XML). It contains some
> element with name like "gml:Point" and attributes with names "gml:id".

No, it has an element name Point and namespace-prefix gml; same with the
attribute.

> I can pass it throught SAXBuilder and it works perfectly and I can print
> out this names. It will print "Point", if I use getName(), and "gml:Point",
> if I use getQualifiedName(). Same works for attribute. Now I need to create
> elements and attributes whose names starts with "gml:", and here is where
> I'm getting exceptions, as xml elements' and attributes' names can not have
> colon in it.
> And there is no such function like setQualifiedName(). So
> question is : Is there a some way to get around of it or I have to use some
> other means for creating output file? Thanks

use the constructors that take a namespace argument as well - the second
argument is a namespace object.

Somewhere in the gml file there will be a mapping of the gml prefix to the
full namespace (which is just a URL string).

--
Edward Barrow
Copyright Consultant
edward at copyweb.co.uk