[jdom-interest] Re: Document

Jason Hunter jhunter at xquery.com
Tue May 11 07:46:49 PDT 2004

Brett's the fellow who co-created JDOM with me.  He's a smart guy, an
editor at O'Reilly, and I doubt he's actually infected with a virus that
requires clicking for infection.  More likely a virus has associated his
email address with the list's email address and is sending virus mail
using forged from headers.  I've taken his address off the subscribers
list so it can't happen again.  I can see Brett is subscribed under
several aliases and wasn't using that specific account to receive list
traffic, only to allow posting, and he hasn't posted for years.

Meanwhile, if you see someone sending more than one virus to the list,
let me know and I'll look into it.  I don't see the mails since I have a
procmail filter that makes viruses blissfully disappear.  (It also
quarantines zips so if you send me an urgent zip send me another email
letting me know since I only check my quarantine weekly.)

-jh-