[jdom-interest] xhtml and jdom

Rick Beton richard.beton at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Nov 6 06:19:00 PST 2004

pamarti srikiran wrote:

> Hi I created a form in xhtml with media type as application/xmhtml+xml
> and stored in a webserver. now i need to extract the content from
> xhtml. is it possible to go through the document like any other xml
> document. help would be useful.

You should not use "application/xmhtml+xml" but
"application/xhtml+xml".  Whereas this is the MIME type that you SHOULD
use (note special meaning of the term SHOULD), you MAY use "text/html"
for XHTML versions 1.0 Transitional, and 1.0 Strict (but not XHTML2).
You SHOULD NOT use "text/html" for XHTML 1.1, but note that doing so is
not actually forbidden and many websites use it (including mine).

Yes, XHTML is XML. Use it like any other XML dialect.

Rick

More: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#summary