[jdom-interest] using Jdom with tomcat

Mike Brenner mikeb at mitre.org
Fri Nov 19 06:22:51 PST 2004

I use JDOM with tomcat all the time, but I don't use beans,
I use java server pages.

The tomcat compile does not support all of Java,
for some reason. For example, I can't get the
tomcat compiler to support the assert statement
that was introduced a long time ago in java 4.1.

On a unix-like system or on a Windows-like system,
when a Java Server Page does not compile,
you can look at the tomcat output window
or at the tomcat logs to see what did not compile.
You can also precompile a java server page.
You might consider taking the source code in the bean,
pasting it into the source code for a class,
and compiling it into an ordinary class object
file, to see if it has any problems under the
4.0 java compiler used by tomcat.