[jdom-interest] adding EntityRef to Document throws Exception

Quinten Verheyen q.verheyen at ringring.be
Thu Sep 9 07:32:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

I wonder how one adds an entity to a document type, I want something like this :

<!DOCTYPE blabla SYSTEM "first.DTD" [<!ENTITY % extension SYSTEM "second.dtd"> %extension; ]>

I didn't find any method in DocType who could do the job, so I assumed Document.addContent(Content content) (the class EntityRef extends Content) would be the thing to use :

Document doc = new Document(documentRoot);
DocType docType = new DocType( elementName, systemID );
doc.setDocType(docType);
EntityRef entityRef = new EntityRef( elementName, systemID );
doc.addContent(entityRef ); // throws exception

but it didn't work, I got : "An EntityRef is not allowed at the document root".

So .. how do I accomplish this ? (I hope this isn't a stupid question)
Verheyen Quinten

Software Engineer
Rue Gabrielle Petitstraat 4/6

1080 Brussel

Tel : +0032 (0)2 502 85 00

Fax : +0032 (0)2 502 76 07
Gsm : +0032 (0)494 81 04 81

E-mail :  <mailto:q.verheyen at ringring.be> q.verheyen at ringring.be

"The process of intelligent conduct is essentially a process of selection from among various alternatives; intelligence is largely a matter of selectivity. Delayed reaction is necessary to intelligent contact." - Mead G.H.