[jdom-interest] Failing early on maxLength violations

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Wed Dec 14 02:04:57 PST 2005

Where exactly does JDOM come into this?

In general I don't think that schemas are the right way to impose system
limits for performance or resource utilisation reasons. Your example tends
to reinforce this view.

You're better off imposing a limit on the total size of the XML file, which
is something you can check before you start parsing it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/