[jdom-interest] JDOM for c#

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Jan 27 07:19:40 PST 2005

Hugo Garcia wrote:

> You know... writting JDOM in C# wouldn't be that difficult but what
> about the underlying API that JDOM works with... Saxon, Xerces, JAXP
> etc? Sound like a good candidate for an open source project albeit a
> massive one.

You'd probably build it in top of System.Xml instead of SAX. I don't
know a lot about C#, but you might be better off starting with XOM. XOM
has less obvious java dependencies than JDOM. For instance, the JDOM
public API is based on the Java Collections API. The XOM API is
independent of the Collections API.

And of course whatever API you started with, you'd have to make major
changes to fit C# conventions instead of Java conventions. JDOM, XOM,
whatever is probably just more of inspiration than anything you could do
a straight port of.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu