[jdom-interest] Null Pointer Exception from getTextTrim() method

Anand, Rajesh Rajesh_Anand at ml.com
Thu Jun 23 03:04:55 PDT 2005

Folks,

	here is my code snippet....

	Line1 - Element childelem2 = element.getChild("ClosingPrice",
element.getNamespace());

	Line 2 -String date[x] =  childelem1.getTextTrim();

	and here is the part of XML I'm trying to read...

	<getIndex:Price>

<getIndex:PriceEffectiveDate>2005-05-10</getIndex:PriceEffectiveDate>
	<getIndex:ClosingPrice>2.99</getIndex:ClosingPrice>
	</getIndex:Price>

	So, why is the 2nd line giving me Null Pointer error instead of
returning a value of "2.99"??

	Any helps will be greatly appreciated.

Rajesh Anand
Email:Rajesh_anand at ml.com

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/