[jdom-interest] NoClassDefFoundError - - - org/xml/sax/SAXNotSupportedException

Jean Carot yhean at lycos.com
Thu Jun 30 01:35:52 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I am new to this list, and need some help here. I am in front of a wierd problem. Just to set up the context, I am doing an intership, and use Java & XML, and jdom aswell. Since the beginning I have been developping on my iBook, unix is good, unix is simple, so no compiling problems nor running problems :)
The fact is that I have tried my project on WindowsXP.
 - compiling and running without a problem on a laptop at home
 - compiling ok but running error at work :

This is what I do :

java.exe -classpath .\build;.\lib\org.jdom\jdom.jar; MainClass
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXNotSupportedException

it appears to be the line "SAXBuilder sxb = new SAXBuilder();"

I really don't understand why it won't work from a Windows to another. Any help? :)

Jean