[jdom-interest] best way to synchronize JDOM w/web services?

Michael Stumpf mjstumpf at pobox.com
Thu Sep 15 09:25:22 PDT 2005

I'm using JDOM to keep a simple XML database that is accessed by Web
Services (Tomcat + Axis + deployed Java classes).  What would be the
best way to synchronize the XML reads/writes (against multiple
simultaneous invocations of the web services from different clients)?

I've found that because the Web Services are all running on the same
JVM, keeping some static variables in a separate method around does work
- they hold their value between web service invocations.  I could build
a crude mutex lock out of this by synchronizing accessors to these
variables, but it seems like there must be a cleaner way.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Regards-
Michael Stumpf