[jdom-interest] Java and XML, 3rd edition

Brett McLaughlin brett at oreilly.com
Wed Apr 26 09:02:18 PDT 2006

Hey everyone-

   Well, it's been a long time since I've posted. For those of you
who are newer to JDOM, I helped get this project off the ground way
back in the JDOM beta days :-) Jason has kicked butt since then, so
thanks to Jason for keeping things going.
   In any case, I've got a plea for our little community. I'm the
author of O'Reilly's "Java and XML" book (first edition had the funny
red and blue toy, the second edition is purple with lions, for
reference), and it's up for a new edition. I've written the first 1/2
of the book, covering SAX, DOM, JAXP, and the core Sun APIs that
relate to XML parsing and processing Java, but the back half still
needs to be written. I've got some other projects that are going to
prevent me from finishing the book, so I'm looking for some folks
interested in writing -- and writing well -- about topics like JDOM,
dom4j, the Sun web service APIs (JAX-RPC, SOAP, etc.), and JAXB. If
you've done some writing, and think that you're pretty knowledgeable
in these areas, you might be perfect for this job!
   There are obviously royalties and the like involved, and we can
explain that as needed. In any case, if you have some interest,
please Reply to me (brett at oreilly.com) and Mike Loukides, the editor
on the book (mikel at oreilly.com). Mike can explain more, and we can
talk about what's involved, and see if you have might have the
writing and technical chops to help put out another edition of a
bestselling book.
   So bring it on; I look forward to hearing from you all :-)

Thanks
---
Brett McLaughlin                     <brett-at-oreilly.com>
Editor, Head First Series        <http://www.headfirstlabs.com>
O'Reilly Media, Inc.                 <http://www.oreilly.com>