[jdom-interest] a question about node type

Grzegorz Kaczor grzegorz.kaczor at computaris.com
Wed Dec 6 02:48:48 PST 2006

Hello,

JDOM is a very convenient interface to manipulate XML elements but I
think it lacks one useful functionality that is present in W3C DOM
implementation - a node type distinction available from Content class.

Let's say I want to perform something for each node (and for each type
of node a different activity) - for example I want to replace all
lowercase 'a' letters to uppercase ones - in element text content, in
attribute values, in CDATA sections and so on (this is an exemplary
action). Do I have to use reflection for that?

In W3C DOM I can use getNodeType() to distinguish node types and perform
the replace recursively. How can I do the same using JDOM and not using
'instanceof'?

Best Regards,
Grzegorz

This email is subject to Computaris email terms of use: http://www.computaris.com/email_terms.html