[jdom-interest] skipping a huge text node

Mattias Jiderhamn mj-lists at expertsystems.se
Tue Jun 20 01:06:51 PDT 2006

To me it sounds like you are not using the file the way XML was
intended, and possibly, you shouldn't try to parse with an XML parser
but rather a proprietary "data file" parser.
(See below)

At 2006-06-20 08:49, Tobias Thierer wrote:
>I've looked at jdom-contrib which provides an ElementListener interface, but
>that one's elementMatched() method is only called *after* the element
>(including the close tag) has been fully read. All the classes like
>SAXBuilder etc. only seem to handle events that come from the parser, but
>what I want to do is change the events that the parser reports.

Please note that JDOM is not itself a parser, but uses the underlying
SAX parser, such as Xerces. If you are looking into customized
parsing, you better look at the underlying parser.