[jdom-interest] Newlines between attributes

David Patterson dpatterson at i-a-i.com
Tue Mar 21 10:09:10 PST 2006

I'm using JDOM and like it very much for its ease of use.

I'm now using JDOM to create a series of XML files where the attribute
values are long strings.  As a result, after 2-3 of them, the element
definition is very long. I know how to insert text objects between objects
to force line breaks, but what I have been so far unable to do is to specify
line breaks at known places between attributes in an element.

Is there a way to do this? Does it have to be done in a post-processing
task?

I tried doing:

        dmodule.setAttribute( "\nnoNamespaceSchemaLocation",

                "procedSchema.xsd", ns );

 ...but JDOM removed the leading NL character from the attribute name.

Dave Patterson

dpatterson at i-a-i.com