[jdom-interest] xlink in JDOM

Edelson, Justin Justin.Edelson at mtvn.com
Thu May 4 07:33:41 PDT 2006

You have to use the setAttribute method setAttribute(String, String,
Namespace) to set a namespaced attribute.

The code would look something like this:

Namespace nsXlink = Namespace.getNamespace("xlink",
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink");
e.setAttribute("href", "download.jhtml", nsXlink);

This will actually produce:
<ref xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xlink:href="download.jhtml" />

To add the namespace declaration to the parent element, the code would
look like:
Namespace nsXlink = Namespace.getNamespace("xlink",
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink");
Element parent = new Element("parent");
parent.addNamespaceDeclaration(nsXlink);
Element e = new Element("ref");
e.setAttribute("href", "download.jhtml", nsXlink);
parent.addContent(e);

Which produces:
<parent xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
  <ref xlink:href="download.jhtml" />