[jdom-interest] Re: JDOM -- threads?

Edelson, Justin Justin.Edelson at mtvn.com
Thu May 11 12:43:35 PDT 2006

> and what about DOM, SAX API?
You can't build documents with SAX. DOM implementations generally have
the same thread-safety caveats as JDOM.

> what are best alternatives for creating XML?

Just my opinion, but I don't think there's one answer to this question.
It really depends on your specifics. In one corner, you have DOM, JDOM,
dom4j, and others that let you build a generic object tree in memory and
then serialize it. In another corner you have JAXB, Castor, and other
binding libraries that let you build a schema-specific object tree in
memory and then serialize it. And in the third corner, you could just
write lines to text to a stream. Although I think most would rather
avoid this, for giant documents it's probably the only reasonable
choice. And in the fourth corner are other tools/techniques -
GroovyMarkup, Betwixt, JSP, Ajax toolkits, etc.