[jdom-interest] Getting xml header for every input into xml file

Edelson, Justin Justin.Edelson at mtvn.com
Thu Oct 26 07:53:43 PDT 2006

Do you mean the XML declaration (see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-prolog-dtd)?

If so, then you can omit this by using the org.jdom.output.Format object
(http://jdom.org/docs/apidocs/org/jdom/output/Format.html) like:
Format format = Format.getRawFormat();
format.setOmitDeclaration(true);
// any other format modifications

XMLOutputter xmlout = new XMLOutputter(format);

I should warn you that your code below, even with this modification,
will not produce a valid XML document as it will have multiple root
elements. I can't say whether or not this is a problem for you.

Justin