[jdom-interest] Imcompatibility with GPL

Henttonen Katja Katja.Henttonen at vtt.fi
Thu Sep 28 05:10:48 PDT 2006

Hi!

I tried to register a new free software project at Savannah and learned
hat JDOM is not
compatible with GPL and thus cannot be legally combined with GPL'ed
libraries.

I have previously heard several people claiming that, as JDOM uses a
permissive
BSD-style license, it should be GPL-compatible.  But I just found out
that
this is not the case.

Has anyone considered removing or changing the minor issues that make
JDOM incompatible
with GPL? Its a shame that I have to change to another XML parser. =(

-Katja