[jdom-interest] SVG not honoring equally spaced characters including spaces

hill0093 hill0093 at umn.edu
Mon Aug 27 17:10:35 PDT 2007

I noticed on an SVG forum xml: before space="preserve",
so I tried it and got the adjacent spaces viewed by an SVG
viewer and also edited by the picture editor. The following works:

<text x="3.0" y="211.0">

but the following without xml: does not work:

<text x="3.0" y="211.0">

The trouble now is that JDOM will not let me insert xml:,
the following won't work when running the java program using
JDOM because JDOM won't allow colons.

tspanNode.setAttribute("xml:space","preserve");