[jdom-interest] adding attributes from a string

Stefan Shoeman stefan.shoeman at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:35:07 PDT 2007

Hey,

how is it possible to add attributes from a string (an example follows
below) to an element?

Because I have some attributes as text between two tags:
<source>firstname="john" lastname="doe" age="42"</source>

=> string: [firstname="john" lastname="doe" age="42"]

...which should become:
<result firstname="john" lastname="doe" age="42"></result>

Sadly the source xml is given as it is and I don't have any chance to
change it for better fitting into jdom. Any hints would be
appreciated.

Thanks for reading...

Regards,

Stefan