[jdom-interest] Commenting whole Elements?

Grzegorz Kaczor grzegorz.kaczor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 03:21:07 PST 2007

Hi,

I believe you should not disable escaping when outputting XML file. It is
fine it is working :).

I would serialize the element to ByteArrayOutputStream using XMLOutputter,
then create a string out of it and add a Comment element with the serialized
form of your element as its text.

The only drawback of this solution is that your element will have namespace
declarations inside. From the view of XML infoset this is not a problem - it
will be working if someone uncomments it.

Regards,
Grzegorz

--
"Choć tyle wiemy własnym doświadczeniem:
W nas jest Raj, Piekło - i do obu - szlaki."