AW: [jdom-interest] Problems with Mixed Content and XMLOutputter

Grimm, Markus Grimm at juris.de
Fri Jul 27 00:21:18 PDT 2007

Hi,

Basically the reason is caused in my application.
I prepare a xml-document for a view in a JTextPane. The native xml of the <text>-Tag is load to this editor too.
Then, the text-content can be edited in an external XML-Editor (like XMLSpy or Epic) through an external call of such tool. The text-content is very complicated, a little bit more than the "Hello World" example. After editing in Epic f.e., the text-content is resaved in the TextPane. From there the whole content (text-data and meta-data) can be saved (compact-format!) to a xml-document.
During the save-action the xml is validated against a schema. So I can't use CDATA for the mixed-content-areas. It must be valid too.
With raw-format I adopted lots of empty text-nodes. Not really nice an inoperative in the saved xml. And with raw-format or mixed-content by xml:space preserve-Attribs I would have the same or similar problems.
The solution is compact-format with its advantages of whitespace-handling an trimming. Only in this described point I have that problem with this format.

Bye
Markus