[jdom-interest] XSLTransformer.transform method - thread safe?

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Thu Nov 15 03:27:54 PST 2007

The JDOM XSLTransformer class is really just a wrapper for a JAXP Templates
object, so it ought to be thread-safe. Bugs are always possible, but they
need evidence!

Note that when you do a Saxon transformation using this mechanism, it copies
the input from a JDOM tree to a Saxon tree. It's also possible to do a
transformation using Saxon that operates on the JDOM tree without copying,
by creating a net.sf.saxon.jdom.DocumentWrapper and supplying that as the
Source object. (However, this won't always perform better - it depends what
the transformation is actually doing).

There's only been one multithreading bug detected in Saxon over the last
year [1], and that only affects XQuery.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

[1]