[jdom-interest] JDOM 1.1 released!

Jason Hunter jhunter at servlets.com
Tue Nov 20 01:13:06 PST 2007

Mattias Jiderhamn wrote:
> Congratulations!
>
> Now, I would agree it's time to start talking seriously about generics.
>
>  /Mattias

Can anyone cite what other projects have done in this situation?  Do
they just one day say, "Forget Java 1.4" people?  I'd be most interested
to hear stories from infrastructure library projects.  Applications can
jump faster than reusable libraries.

-jh-

P.S.  After reading your note, I thought, "What did Mattias say earlier
about the subject?"  So I played with MarkMail to find out:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=from%3Amattias+list%3Ajdom+%22java+5%22

First message popped up: "Can't we get 1.01 first and *then* start
discussing generics/Java 5 seriously?"  Now your note makes more sense.  :)

Here's what all's been said before about "Java 5":

http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3Ajdom+%22java+5%22