[jdom-interest] Jdom - XMLOutputter problem

perez msmr at netcabo.pt
Tue Sep 30 09:46:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

I want to output xml with JDOM using XMLOutputter class. I would like to use
some of his methods to improve the results in the file. I have downloaded
the last jdom api (1.1) and in my program, the code doesn't recognize
several methods of that class. In the example above the program doesn't
recognize        xmlOutputter.setTextTrim( true );
xmlOutputter.setIndent( 2 );
xmlOutputter.setNewlines( true );

Can you explain me why is this happen? How can I fix this problem

Thanx
MP

import org.jdom.Document;
	import org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder;
	import org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter;

	public class Teste {
	  public static void main( String[] args ) {
	    try {
	      // use SAXBuilder to create DOM from numerous types of input
	      SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
	      builder.setExpandEntities( true );
	      Document doc = builder.build( "drainpipe.xml" );

	      // create and configure the XMLOutputter
	      XMLOutputter xmlOutputter = new XMLOutputter();
	      xmlOutputter.setTextTrim( true );
	      xmlOutputter.setIndent( 2 );
	      xmlOutputter.setNewlines( true );

	      // output the text