[jdom-interest] Doctype cannot be added after a root element

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Fri Apr 3 16:23:28 PDT 2009

> Mickael, is there a reason why Saxon does not notify the DTD
> through SAXResult?

Saxon ignores xsl:output entirely unless it is serializing the result tree;
and writing to a SAXResult does not count as serializing.

(There are various other aspects of xsl:output that MIGHT make sense with a
SAXResult, for example indent="yes" and cdata-section-elements. It's never
really occurred to me that anyone would expect this to happen. I've
certainly never seen a spec that suggests it should.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/