[jdom-interest] xmlOutputter question

Rick rick.softly at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 03:00:26 PST 2009

Ok, the problem is solved.  It seems that the app on the server is acting in
a non-standard way.  Even though it apparently supports atom and rss, I
couldn't post to it successfully using jdom or RoME.  My only hope lay in
constructing the correct string and parsing it with jdom to post to the
server.  It worked after I reverse engineered the string.  A tip for those
going down this path is to strip the prologue from the xml string before
parsing it with a SAXBuilder.  The SAXBuilder will add the correct prologue
before posting.