[jdom-interest] XPath and Jaxon

Michael Kay mike at saxonica.com
Tue Sep 13 01:10:04 PDT 2011

> So, I think I will tackle the last remaing chunk of code (transforms),
> and come back to the XPath later.... (Wednesday?)

If you're looking at transform, it would be nice to see whether the
interface to Saxon can be improved. At present, I think Saxon is being
presented with a SAXSource and SAXResult so the JDOM source tree is
reconstructed as a Saxon tree. Since Saxon is able to transform JDOM
input directly, this is pretty inefficient.

Using Saxon to deliver XPath 2.0 access, as an alternative to Jaxen,
would also be quite feasible.

(Also note: the Javadoc for org.jdom.transform.XSLTransformer is looking
very dated.)

Michael Kay
Saxonica