[jdom-interest] JDOM2 Update - maven

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Wed Sep 14 08:42:47 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Rolf <jdom at tuis.net> wrote:

>    - The setup we now have for JDOM (all versions) is now in github, and
>    the three 'components' (core, test, contrib) are all in the same git
>    repository: https://github.com/**hunterhacker/jdom<https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom>
>
> Great! Will pull those tonight (don't have git at work) and retrofit the
poms.

>    - The most immediate goal in applying maven is to get the 1.1.2 final
>    build artifacts published on maven-central, and that source branch needs to
>    be as stable as possible. Moving files (and especially renaming/moving
>    directories) would be very, very disruptive to keeping a clean version
>    history. We can be more liberal with those sorts of changes in the JDOM2
>    branch if we need to.
>
> Afraid that's the part I'd be of the least help with. No current experience
with central repos, but doubt its hard to learn. But if you can scare up
someone who's done it before, might be quicker to just stick with ant and
save the build with mvn part for later. The existing 1.1 org.jdom release
"SHOULDN'T" be a problem since you're using 1.1.2, but that's the kind of
question I'd need to research too. Not been there so far.

 --
Cell: 703-594-1883
Blog: http://bradjcox.blogspot.com