[jdom-interest] Maven - Re: question: Publisher of groups 'jdom' and 'org.jdom'

Rolf jdom at tuis.net
Thu Sep 15 03:16:03 PDT 2011

The following is a response from Sonatype

Hi Rolf,

The existing jdom artifacts were published to maven central via outdated
Codehaus MAVENUPLOAD service [1][2].

The MAVENUPLOAD service is already outdated and the last modified date
of these files are either in 2007 or 2008, so I believe there is no one
actively deploying any more jdom artifacts. Since we know you are one of
the jdom maintainers, as long as you start to use OSSRH service [3], we
can make sure no one else can deploy jdom to central.

Regarding cleaning up existing jdom artifacts, sorry we can not do that.
It's because they might be used a lot by maven users all around the
world. If we delete/change any of these files, people's builds will
break. We can fix/rebuild maven-metadata though, so the latest version
will be a correct and official one published by you. We can also put a
relocation POM under groupId jdom, so people's downloads can be
relocated to org.jdom.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-1968
[2] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-78
[3]