[jdom-interest] Preparing JDOM 1.1.2 ?

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Mon Sep 19 10:47:58 PDT 2011

Hi All.

The junit testing for JDOM2 is essentially complete in terms of regression
testing, and there have been a number of issues found as a result of this
testing.

I have gone through the issues and labeled those issues I think should be
fixed in 1.1.2 with a yellow 'backport 1.1.2'. I have also applied some of
the fixes already, and I have labeled those fixes with a green 'backport
1.1.2 done'.

Please inspect the lists at https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/issues
and drop a note if you think there are issues that are mislabeled... i.e.
you think there are unlabeled issues that should be backported, or labeled
issues you think should not be backported.

I am hoping to get this list somewhat finalized and then finish the
backport. At that point it would make sense to put out a 'beta' version of
jdom-1.1.2 using the new github code base, to ensure that there are no
unforseen build problems. People should be able to do a drop-in of the
1.1.2 beta with their current 1.1.1 jar.

We can put the maven repository to use for a 'snapshot' build, and can use
that infrastructure to manage the artifacts. It will also allow us to set
up the correct maven procedures. That way we can have all issues ironed out
when 1.1.2 is fully released.

Rolf

https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/commit/ea30b1e2b614f4b7d49de8a95af71fe3fb52ae2b