[jdom-interest] JDOM ALPHA - Groundhog Day - 3rd and Final Alpha

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Thu Feb 2 20:00:49 PST 2012

Hi All.

I have just pushed through the 'Groundhog Day' final ALPHA release.

In theory, according to the schedule, the API should be finalized by now.

There are no outstanding 'known' issues (but two issues are indefinitely
'deferred' - probably to be closed unless more information about them
can be garnered).

Please take the code for a spin. If you are new to JDOM2 please see the
features and migration guides:
https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/wiki/JDOM2-Features
https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/wiki/JDOM2--Migration-Issues

Highlights of this release over Alpha2:
- Smaller memory footprint (and faster)
- option of making it even smaller again using the SlimJDOMFactory (but
at the expense of being slower)
- all known issues fixed
- tidied up some JavaDoc documentation

An update of the schedule is:

- 1 Jan *DONE*
     'New Year' - First ALPHA

- 2 Feb *DONE*
     'GroundHog Day' - today - Last ALPHA
     all current issues resolved - submit any issues to the mailing list
if you encounter any (*none identified*).
     Deadline for new feature requests/enhancements - mail the list if
you have any (*none requested*).

- 14 Feb
     'Valentine' *BETA* Release on 14th February - may shift depending
on any large enhancements/requests.

- 29 Feb
     'Leap Day' Second *BETA* - All class/method signatures 'locked' Bug
Fixing only

- 9 Apr
     'Easter' JDOM2 Release

It would seem that we are still on track with the schedule, with the
Valentine BETA around the corner in 2 weeks.

Between now and then I anticipate to be working on documentation only...
unless something comes up.

As always, this alpha has been posted on the project downloads page:
https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/downloads
specifically here:
https://github.com/downloads/hunterhacker/jdom/jdom-2.x-2012.02.02.22.29.zip

The JDOM2 web-pages have been updated with the matching JavaDoc pages,
and the JUnit and Cobertura Reports:
https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/wiki/JDOM-2.0
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/apidocs/index.html
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/junit.report/index.html