[jdom-interest] malformed URL exception exception in saxbuilder.build due to unreachable URL

cliff palmer palmercliff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 14:58:23 PST 2012

Hi Rolf
I will post the code later, (sorry late for a meeting) but to answer
your questions:
- this error occurs when there is an "xmlns" declaration.  Since this
is the first instance of an "xmlns" declaration I've encountered with
JDOM and all of the URLs in the "xmlns" declaration that I have found
point to the same bad address, I don't know if the problem is related
to lookup of the URL or just the presence of an "xmlns" declaration.
- the problem is predictable and occurs for each xml document that
uses this bad URL in an "xmlns" declaration.
- I've used the code (I will post it, I promise) to parse over 3
million xml documents, passing a string containing the xml document
(not a URL).  The value I pass to saxbuilder.build is the returned
string from the JDBC call ResultSet.getString using a column number
parameter.  I haven't been altering or converting the string returned
from JDBC.

Thanks Rolf and I will post the code as soon as the suits are done with me.

Cliff