[jdom-interest] JDOM2 Beta 4 Released

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Fri Mar 16 20:44:01 PDT 2012

Hi again everyone.

Given the two structural changes I have made recently it seems
appropriate to release another Beta.

JDOM2 Beta 4 is now available from the usual places:
https://github.com/hunterhacker/jdom/downloads
and maven central under group org.jdom artifact jdom2 and version 0.0.4
(give it an hour or so....).

The JavaDoc, Code Coverage, JUnit Test Results, and Performance details
are all available at their regular locations:
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/apidocs/index.html
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/coverage/index.html
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/junit.report/index.html
http://hunterhacker.github.com/jdom/jdom2/performance.html

There are a few significant changes in this release (API changes, in
fact, which I was hoping to avoid in the beta cycles)
- Filter<T>.and(Filter<?>) now returns a typed Filter<T>, instead of
Filter<?>
- Parent.getDescendants() now returns an instance which can be treated
as either an Iterator (fully compatible with the JDOM 1.x behaviour) or
an Iterable (useful for enhanced-for loops).
- I have cleaned up the org.jdom2.input package and moved some
StAX-specific helper classes to org.jdom2.input.stax. I have also
changed the way that the StAX classes access some StAX constants by
doing a static import instead of an 'implements'. I do not believe the
StAX changes will be a 'big deal' for anyone.
- I have done a lot of tidying up on the JavaDoc

It appears that there are a number of people playing with JDOM2 based on
the downloads from GitHib. By pushing out additional Beta releases it
makes it easier for these people to test the latest code changes.

Please continue to get a feel for JDOM2, and do not hesitate to ask
questions, express concerns, and offer suggestions.

In fact, if there is any way I can make it easier for you to get this
latest code to try it out, please speak up!

Have a great St. Patricks day

Rolf