[jdom-interest] V2.x not usable next to V1.x

Gary Gregory garydgregory at gmail.com
Fri May 18 05:29:28 PDT 2012

Hi All,

For good or bad, I ended learning more than I care about Maven being the
release manager for several Apache Commons components.

Our rule in Commons is that when you change a package name, you must change
the Maven artifact id.

My suggestion is to do this in your POM:

  <groupId>org.jdom</groupId>
  <artifactId>jdom2</artifactId>
  <version>2.0.2</version>

Depending on your philosophy, you could also re-publish the Maven artifacts
for 2.0.1. But this is usually considered bad form because the POM needs to
change and you would then have 2 2.0.1 version with different pom.xml in
your sources jar.

Gary

E-Mail: garydgregory at gmail.com | ggregory at apache.org
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com