[jdom-interest] V2.x not usable next to V1.x

Rolf Lear jdom at tuis.net
Fri May 18 15:49:33 PDT 2012

On 17/05/2012 11:21 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Hello JDOM,
>
> I cannot use both v2 and v1 in the same Maven or Ivy project because
> both use the same id in Maven repositories like Maven Central.
>
> I want to use v2 in my app but 3rd party jars I use depends on v1.
>
> Gary
> http://www.jdom.org/mailman/options/jdom-interest/youraddr@yourhost.com

Hi Gary

Sorry to drag you though the maven stress on JDOM.

So, I cannot have a jdom-2.0.2.jar deployed in the artifact 'jdom2'.
Does not validate when I try....

My options are:

- change the (perfectly valid) JDOM naming convention from
jdom-2.0.2.jar to jdom2-2.0.2.jar, or should that be jdom2-1.0.0, or
what? What is the 'expected convention'?
- should I do that for the maven deploy only, or should I do it for the
offical JDOM release as well?
- should I double-deploy, to both jdom and jdom2

For whatever reason I am resistant to renaming the official JDOM release
standard to jdom2-x.y.z.jar from jdom-x.y.z.jar.